Some time ago I got the job to a bucket Tamyia balloon tires and mount the appropriate wheel rims. This balloon tires come from a state model and thus were not to assemble, the bucket should remain a driving model.
So Frank had me pressed his bucket in hand and the same could also be a good idea as the renovation work.
First, I have my views precisely how to do it.
Rims and tires fit if and only have 5 in each rim holes are drilled for the screws. The wheels are then screwed on a Addapter, almost like it's in a real vehicle also.
This Addapter I made of aluminum. adjusted and the axes.
For the holes for mounting rims I had to use a small part of the device and watch crazy not to charge me. Continue to rotate for each hole at exactly 72 °.
Just at the rim, which I've drilled out the screws indicated.
In each Addapter were then each 5 piece M1 to cut 2 threads, which is not easy in aluminum.
After I had still milled at the front of a 2mm recess for the mounting screw and two of Addapter a depression on the DEWE for the driver I was able to start assembling.
The screw I have secured with a drop of Loctite.
And so is the bucket after I screwed the back wheels equipped on his new shoes ... for the desert....